We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for determining the technical strategy and lead efforts with the development team responsible for building the next generation of our Data Acquisition applications. Work will revolve around devising solutions to innovate and support the core platforms responsible for identifying, extracting and maintaining large-scale business critical data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the efforts to define the future strategy of QL2 data acquisition technologies.
- Work with a team of developers to create the tools and architecture responsible for pulling billions of records per day.
- Identify the appropriate tools and technologies to advance existing platforms.
- Improve current software infrastructure to support large scale growth across the enterprise.
- Create processes and applications to help ensure data consistency and quality.
- Identify areas of concern in the current ecosystem and derive innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to implement Machine Learning algorithms and AI into core platforms.
- Communicate effectively with Engineering teams locally and remotely.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of professional experience.
- Strong development and automation skills with a variety of functional, object-oriented and scripting languages (e.g. python, Java, C++, shell).
- Background with web scraping technologies (BeautifulSoup, Puppeteer).
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS preferred).
- Database knowledge and strong SQL skills (Snowflake, Postgres).
- Ability to learn new technologies, perform data analysis, and provide recommendations for implementation.
- High level understanding of Machine Learning algorithms and concepts.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to function as a technical team leader and mentor junior developers.