If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, tackle a steady stream of challenges, and would enjoy the benefits of being part of a dynamic private equity-backed technology organization, this role could be your perfect fit. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in our Baltimore Headquarters with a proven track record of leadership, professionalism, partnership, and the ability to get the job done, while holding themselves to the highest degree of honesty and integrity. QL2 is a quickly growing organization and are looking for a Software Engineer who is hungry to be part of the growth and support the organization to help get it to the next level.
- Develop. Create solutions in Java and appropriate scripting tools. Focus on enhancing existing applications for longevity as well as creating new products.
- Architect. Devise and design creative solutions to manage difficult problems involving billions of data points per day.
- Innovate. Introduce new tools and technologies to provide flexibility and advancement of software applications.
- Craft solutions that focus on maintainability, stability, and scalability. Coordinate with Operations and DevOps teams to ensure platform consistency.
- Work with large scale data sets and analytic tools. Support Machine Learning algorithms and visualization models to derive insights.
- Communicate. Work with teams local and remote to solve problems and build technical solutions.
- Be an active leader within the broader Software Engineering team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of development and engineering experience.
- Strong development and automation skills with Java and scripting languages (Python, shell, etc.).
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS preferred).
- Database knowledge and strong SQL skills (Postgres, Snowflake).
- Proficient on Linux platforms.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills, as well as an ability to communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Ability to learn new technologies, perform competitive analysis, and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Conscientious, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and directed.