QL2 Software Baltimore, MD
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Baltimore, MD. As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for determining the technical strategy and lead the development team responsible for building the core business platforms at QL2. Work will revolve around devising solutions to innovate and support the tools and applications responsible for scheduling, analyzing, matching, and maintaining large-scale business critical data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the efforts to define the future strategy of QL2 matching technologies.
- Work with a team of developers to create the tools and architecture responsible for pulling billions of records per day.
- Identify the appropriate tools and technologies to advance existing platforms.
- Improve current software infrastructure to support large scale growth across the enterprise.
- Create processes and applications to help ensure data consistency and quality.
- Identify areas of concern in the current ecosystem and derive innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with Data Analysts to implement Machine Learning algorithms and AI into core platforms.
- Communicate effectively with Engineering teams locally and remotely.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of professional experience.
- Strong development and automation skills with Java and scripting languages (python, perl, shell, etc.)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS preferred).
- Database knowledge and strong SQL skills. (Snowflake, Postgres).
- Ability to learn new technologies, perform data analysis, and provide recommendations for implementation.
- High level understanding of Machine Learning algorithms and concepts.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to function as a technical team leader and mentor junior developers.