We are seeking a Sr. Java Developer (for the Core Team) in Gurgaon, India. As a Sr. Java Developer, you will be responsible for developing code to build out and maintain the systems that drive the workflow and enable the operations of QL2. Work will revolve around devising solutions to support and scale the core platforms responsible for generating and maintaining business critical data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop solutions in Java and appropriate scripting tools.
- Design, implement, and maintain the core QL2 backend platforms.
- Create and perform unit and integration tests.
- Communicate effectively with Engineering teams locally and remotely.
- Adhere to SDLC process in an Agile environment.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Strong development and automation skills with Java and scripting languages (python, perl, shell, etc.)
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS preferred).
- Development background using JBoss framework.
- Ability to use common development environments including source control methods (SVN, Git), IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ), build tools (Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Database knowledge and strong SQL skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies, perform competitive analysis, and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Expert problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in Linux (RedHat,CentOS) and Windows environments.
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.Tech/MCA in the field of computer science and at least 5 years equivalent work experience.