QL2 Software LLC is seeking a Senior Application Developer responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing both standardized and customized solutions using QL2’s web scraping platform. Solutions are primarily aimed at extracting competitive data from websites in the Retail and Travel industries. The Senior Application Developer will work closely with Product, Engineering, and Sales teams to efficiently deliver solutions for our customers. This role requires the ability to collaborate with multiple teams while working in a fast-paced environment to deliver solutions in support of our customers. The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated individual with the ability to take on multiple initiatives and resolve problems in a fast-paced environment.
This position is open to remote work and is available nationwide.
- Interpret functional specifications and develop web scraping solutions utilizing Python, Selenium and other web scraping technologies.
- Ability to analyze and diagnose websites for optimal methods to acquire information.
- Identify the appropriate tools and technologies required to extract web data effectively and work with internal and external teams to collaborate on solutions.
- Efficiently code, test, and deploy code to support our web scraping needs
- Effectively communicate with internal teams and customers
- Off-hours support as needed to support our 24/7/365 business.
- Web scraping, web harvesting, and web data extraction experience
- Python (preferably Python3)
- Selenium, Playwright, Puppeteer experience preferred
- Frameworks such as Scrapy + Splash and / or Beautiful Soup for fast searching and highly efficient data extraction.
- SQL Database Experience (Postgres preferred)
- Understanding of HTTP/TLS protocols
- HTML Parsing
- Lua experience
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Management and leadership experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field is preferred but not required