We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join QL2 as the pre and post-sales technical representative of our product. A successful Sales Engineer is a product expert who can confidently communicate with technical teams inside and outside QL2. You understand the basics of FTP, HTTP, XML, JSON, IPs, HTML, APIs, databases, and SQL – no code writing is required, but you are comfortable answering technical questions. You are skilled at demonstrating the product (usually with Powerpoint and a live demo) and identifying the features most useful to the current prospect. You have high attention to detail, nothing slips through the cracks. You ask questions where needed, but your goals are clear and you can get there with initiative and creativity.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and explain technical product concepts to existing and prospective clients.
- Lead product demos for existing and prospective clients.
- Take the lead on customer trials and paid pilots, including creation of accounts, basic customer training, and configuration.
- Collaborate with members of the Sales team and clients to understand client requirements and translate them into product solutions.
- Gather technical requirements for implementations and assist in RFP and SOW process.
- Coordinate tasks and timelines across internal teams for client implementation.
- Conduct client training sessions, in person or over video.
Functional Job Competencies
- Experience presenting to a variety of audiences from Pricing Analysts to C-level executives.
- Project management experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and QA skills.
- In-depth knowledge with database concepts, architecture, and deployments.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Advanced written and oral communications skills.
- Resourceful team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of pre and post-sales technical experience