We are looking for a Data Scientist in our new Baltimore Office with a proven track record of leadership, professionalism, partnership, and the ability to get the job done, while holding themselves to the highest degree of honesty and integrity. QL2 is a quickly growing organization and are looking for a Data Scientist who is hungry to be part of the growth and support the organization to help get it to the next level. The position will be responsible for leading analysis of QL2’s vast data asset to identify insights and build predictive models to drive value for our clients. The role will provide opportunities to work with true big data and work cross functionally with sales, engineering and analytics teams. This position will report directly to the VP of Analytics.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze QL2’s vast Data Asset in order to identify valuable market insights for clients using Machine Learning / Deep Learning techniques
- Build predictive and prescriptive algorithmic models in order to drive our client’s performance.
- Perform statistical and exploratory analysis of QL2 data
- Identify correlations between QL2 Data and external market factors
- Lead and assist in developing new and innovative data science software product tools and solutions
- Producing research materials such as whitepapers and data visualizations
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated ability to leverage sophisticated predictive modeling using Supervised learning, Unsupervised learning.
- Strong understanding of Quantitative/Statistical Machine Learning, Development of Analytical models and Data Analysis.
- Proficiency in building quantitative models with Python using Machine Learning libraries (e.g. Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Gensim, etc. )
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression, time series analysis, probabilistic models, supervised classification and unsupervised learning).
- Ability to develop and integrate Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing to deliver innovative and new generation use cases.
- Should be able to develop Deep Learning pipelines ingesting Large volumes of data.
- Ability to work with cloud services, AWS proficiency preferred.
- Database knowledge and strong SQL skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies, perform competitive analysis, and provide recommendations for implementation.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong academic credentials; Master’s or PhD (preferred) in Computer Science focusing on AI and ML courses