If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, tackle a steady stream of challenges, and would enjoy the benefits of being part of a dynamic private equity-backed technology organization, this role could be your perfect fit. We are looking for a Controller in our Baltimore Headquarters with a proven track record of leadership, professionalism, partnership, and the ability to get the job done, while holding themselves to the highest degree of honesty and integrity. QL2 is a quickly growing organization and are looking for a Controller who is hungry to be part of the growth and support the organization to help get it to the next level.
- Domestic Accounting Operations Management. Provide leadership over the general accounting, disbursements (accounts payable, travel and expenses, and payroll), billing and collection of receivables, and controls for the US Company. Manage commissions, payroll and benefits, in conjunction with TRINET.
- International Accounting Oversight and Consolidation. Liaise with international counterparts and oversee corporate consolidation.
- Reporting and Financial Statement Preparation. Ensure timely and accurate financial closing and reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual basis). Assist with coordination of annual audit and tax filings.
- Budgeting and Forecasting. Assist with preparation and maintenance of annual budget and update and sensitize as required, including long-term forecasting. Seek to improve efficiency and usability of Excel model and integration with financial reporting system.
- Financial Analysis. Provide financial analysis, reporting and decision-making support for key business activities. Manage budget-vs.-actual analysis and assist with cost-benefit reviews. Provide analysis for Board meetings.
- Internal Controls. Develop and enhance documentation on policies and procedures related to financial operations for the US Company.
- Financial Systems. Manage and administer general ledger chart of accounts and controls within NetSuite platform. Enhance reporting and data exchange between entities to achieve global reporting system. Ensure integration with other systems within the firm.
- Be an active leader within the broader Finance & Accounting team.
- External Relationships. Build/maintain relationships with banks, auditors, and various other vendors. Respond to information requests from parent company, bank, auditors, etc. Assist with development of the structure, negotiation and maintenance of contracts for all Finance team vendor contacts.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Five to Ten years of progressive experience
- Prior experiences working in small to mid-size businesses operating /directing sophisticated accounting functions and staff accountant activities
- CPA Required
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills, as well as an ability to communicate effectively with staff and management
- Detail oriented and hands-on approach, with the willingness to dive deep into anything
- Energetic, efficient and agile, proven ability to management multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Conscientious, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Curious by nature, think beyond the day to day responsibilities
- Self-motivated and directed
- Possess the highest levels of professional and personal honesty and integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Operating experiences in the Start-Up environment and/or Technology sector a plus